In the framework of knowledge based and the globalization of economy, universities play an increasing role in technology innovation and entrepreneurship and contribute in a decisive manner to the creation of very high added value wealth and jobs in modern economies and societies.
The second International Workshop on Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IWTIE’14) is a platform to promote research, development and innovation activities in Moroccan universities and engineering schools and to help them transform these activities into innovative products and services with strong impact and added value for the national economy and its social welfare.
IWTIE’14 is also a very important occasion to explore new business opportunities, and to strengthen synergies among academia, industry, government and civil society in order to develop and bring to the market innovative and competitive technological products and services which present very a high added value for economy, industry and the citizens at the national and international levels.
IWTIE’14 is organized by National Higher School of Information technology and Systems Analysis (ENSIAS) and Mohammed V Souissi University in collaboration with Intel, MSTI and in partnership with many other institutions from industry, academia and government from Morocco and from abroad.
IWTIE’14 will cover, among other topics relevant to innovation and entrepreneurship, the following topics:
- Entrepreneurial universities and academia-industry collaboration.
- Technological Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Innovation Management
- The role of innovation in developing Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Promoting industry and SMEs competitiveness through R&D and innovation
- Intellectual Property
- Technology Transfer Office
- Start-up and SMEs management
- Innovation ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial challenges
- Green innovation and entrepreneurship
- Venture capital and crowd funding