2nd IEEE LED-ICT
The 2nd IEEE Conference on LEarning Disabilities & ICT Support will be held in conjunction with the 6th IEEE International Congress on Information Science and Technology (IEEE CiSt'20) the week of December 12th – 18th 2020 in Agadir - Essaouira, Morocco.
This conference aims to be a multidisciplinary forum of actors from the complementary fields of education, instructional design and ICT to have a common understanding of physical disorders causing the learning disabilities, and to discuss a range of approaches dealing with these problems. The forum will focus, in particular, on issues as the development of innovative pedagogical models, appropriate training plans and adaptive digital tools to support learners and lead them to success.
Over the past few years, there has been an exponential increase in the number of learners with learning disabilities and difficulties in their adaptation to the educational programs. Learning disabilities concern the acquisition, organization, retention, comprehension or processing of information. They mainly affect oral language (communication), written language (reading and writing) as well as mathematics (calculation, logical reasoning and problem solving). Several disorders or syndromes of neuropsychological origin can be at the origin of these learning disabilities such as “Dys” disorders (Dyslexia, dysgraphia, dysphasia, etc.), attention deficit (with or without hyperactivity), memory disorders, Asperger's syndrome, autism, etc.
Learning disabilities can have a significant impact on the learner's life and his academic performance. The difficulties are even greater when the educational system adopts classical teaching methods which make the learning more complex.
In this particular learning landscape, technology may play a major role in supporting disabled learners. Indeed, several technology-based solutions are developed in order to compensate the inconveniences and adapt the educational practice. As example, we can cite assistive technology for learners which allows increasing learners’ autonomy, differentiated learning activities, communities of practice for generalizing good practices and pedagogical advice, etc. Several other fields are still to be explored like serious games, ambient intelligent systems, etc.
We solicit submissions of original ideas and papers describing significant results and developments from both researchers and practitioners in a specific range of fields addressing the following topics :
- E-Learning tools, systems, and applications
- Adaptive learning systems
- Serious games
- Pedagogical models
- Intelligent learning systems
- Early identification of learning disabilities
- Learning assessment and evaluation
- Academic assessment and remediation
- Technological infrastructure
- Inclusive classroom environment
- Open educational practices
- Learning styles and learning strategies
Prof. Ahlame Begdouri, FST, USMBA, Fez, Morocco
Prof. Edmundo TOVAR, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
We solicit two types of submissions: full papers describing original works and significant scientific results, as well as showcases reporting ongoing research or projects achieving significant results like research prototypes, products, services or applications enhancing the everyday life of disabled learners and those around them.
Prospective authors should submit by using EDAS online paper submission platform for IEEE LED-ICT focused conference:
- For full papers: A paper of 4 to 6 pages max (including references) in scholarly English, using the IEEE template.
- For showcases: An up to 2 pages paper (using the template), including an introduction to the presented project as well as information on what conference attendees will be able to try out during the presentation or the demo session.
Accepted papers will be published in the proceeding and submitted to IEEE Xplore Library, Scopus and DBLP. Furthermore, Authors of high quality papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work for publication in a special issue/section of an international journal.
- Paper Submission: June 28, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: August 30, 2020
- Camera-ready Submission: September 13, 2020
- Early Registration: October 9, 2020
- Late Registration: November 13, 2020
- Conference Dates: December 12-18, 2020